Online Accident Reports
Click here if you would like to purchase your
crash report online.
The City of Darien Police Department has entered into an
agreement with DOCVIEW, LLC to place traffic accident
reports on-line. The TRACView Accident Report System was
selected to serve as our traffic accident insurance and
citizen request technology.
What is TRACView?
TRACView is an Internet based application that was
developed to help law enforcement agencies and insurance
companies manage and access traffic accident reports in a
more efficient manner. Through the use of "cutting
edge" online document management technology, you are now
able to rapidly find and view an accident report usually
within 24 hours of being scanned. No more waiting in
line or mailing report request forms. Now you can
access your reports over the Internet, 24 hours a day!
Like most law enforcement agencies across America, the
Darien Police Department has been pursuing an alternative to
the hardcopy reporting, storing, and servicing of report
requests. The Darien Police Department concluded that
the TRACView system was the most suitable and secure
solution as a local accident repository for insurance and
citizen report requests. The Darien Police Department
wanted a system that was designed to do the following:
- Allow multi-jurisdictional data sharing and
- A comprehensive system to facilitate web accessible
availability of accident reports for insurance
companies, officers and citizens
- Remove the police department from the billing and
- Provide officers and investigators access to
for all agencies on the system.
In addition, the TRACView system:
- Makes reports are available from work or home, 24
hours a day via the
- Saves citizens the hassles of driving downtown,
paying to park, and standing in line.
- Reports are converted to PDF format making them easy
to view, save, print and email.
- Finding a report takes only a few seconds.
- Reports are accessible usually within 24 hours of
excluding holidays and weekends.
- Reports cannot be modified, maintaining report
- Provides clear, high resolution images of each
report for optimal viewing and printing.
TRACView provides Police Departments with a high speed
scanner, or fax machine, scanning software, and training.
TRACView charges a nominal convenience fee for this service
which is added to the cost of the report. Citizens who
do not wish to pay the convenience fee can still come to the
police station and pay the normal report fee if they wish.
Click here to review your accident report online.