- You must stay five (5) feet from the property line.
- Concrete driveways require four (4) inches of
compacted stone (grade 8) throughout. Five inches of
concrete through driveway and sidewalk, six (6) inches
of concrete in the apron area (area between sidewalk and
street) with no mesh in apron or sidewalk area. The
width of the driveway at the sidewalk can not exceed 24’
and may flair out to 30’ (including 3’ flairs) to the
- Asphalt driveways require four (4) inches of
compacted stone throughout. Two (2) inches minimum of
- A Driveway permit is required including a copy of
your plat of survey. The cost for a driveway permit is
two hundred and fifty dollars ($250.00). This cost
includes a cash bond of $175.00 that will be refunded to
you after the approved final inspection is completed.
- Two inspections are required, one pre-pour
inspection and one final inspection. Final inspections
include completed restorations of dirt and grass.
If you have any questions regarding the above
information, please do not hesitate to contact the City of
Darien at 630-353-8115.